Return to the Bamboo Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HAVE: Fargesia rufa

Posted by stockwell 6 (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 3, 06 at 13:05

I have this very nice rufa that I divided last fall. It's a nice healthy vigorous plant putting up a steady supply of shoots. I'm looking to trade it for a healthy stabilized nigra.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HAVE: Fargesia rufa

Nice plant... if you dont get any takers... I have some second year Moso that are 3 foot. Have 2 clumps of 3-4 culms remaining. Any one interested...drop me a line... looking to trade for other Bamboo so let me know what you have.
Thanks
CJ

o

chk my 2006 exchange list. I have 1 Rufa but would like another. Rgds

o

CJ, I allready have plenty of moso. Fred, I dont see anything that intrests me on your new list, Might you have any vivax aureocaulis?

o

• Posted by nomadh 10-11/so cal (My Page) on
    Thu, Jul 27, 06 at 19:42

Your Rufa sounds like the fargasia I need here in San Diego. Unfortunatly if fred doesnt have anything you want then I wonder what I could offer. I have lots of other plants, some orchids and many pond plants if that interests you?
I'll take a look at trade lists and see if I can come up with other ideas. LMK what else you may want, Damon

o

I'm interested in your Rufa if you still have it. I've got several good P. Nigra (3-5 gallon, 2-6') to trade, or quite a few others (about 50 species total). I'm in zone 9, bay area so most of what I've got would do great where you are.

Scott

o
Fargesia rufa

Folks, I have these... Whats the best way and time of year to split up a clump?

Thanks for this and any other guidance about these.

Matt

MattKoch@Peoplepc.com

o

In the spring before the shoots have begun to emerge significantly. If you do it too late in the shooting process they end up aborting.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Bamboo Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here