Return to the Bamboo Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HAVE: 500+ Fargesia Nitida Seedlings Looking For A Good Home

Posted by bambooda 8 (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 28, 13 at 11:59

I was able to germinate well over 500 seedlings last July (2012) and now have just over 500 potted up in Anderson 5.25 x 3.5 Band pots (potted out of the germinating flats in June). They range in size and vigor but in general have 4-10 culms 8-12 inches tall. Twenty were doing so well I decided to go straight to one gallon and these are now rooting out of the bottoms and the culms are reaching 18 inches! They have blown my expectations into outer space and now I need to start getting them out into the world. They seem to tolerate bare-rooting well and given they are only 10-12 inches with 4-10 culms so they can ship relatively inexpensively especially in quantities.

Email me for pictures, I can't seem to get them loaded to the post.

I'm interested in any exchanges that can be easily shipped or local trades for nearly anything - try me. Anyone intrested in large quantities are very attractive .

Cheers!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HAVE: 500+ Fargesia Nitida Seedlings Looking For A Good Home

Have never traded before. Do you have any idea of shipping costs?
Thanks, Jean

o

What's your location? Trying to figure logistics. I'm in Scotts Valley, CA. I have several Chimonocalamus pallens seedlings. Fred fred_carolyn12@sbcglobal.net

o

I am interested in a few of them...Please look at My Page for something you might like, and give me a rough estimate on shipping to 75103 in Texas...Please reply to: mosin53@aol.com

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Bamboo Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here