Return to the Bamboo Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Growing bamboo indoor.

Posted by artembond 5b (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 18, 14 at 14:20

Hello All.
I will purchase bamboo from netherland for future growing in my house for future landing in my garden. I'm living nearby Kiev city. It's too late to landing bamboo right now. With light I should use for growing bamboo?
1. General use HPS?
2. HPS for growing (more light in blue area spectrum).
3. General use metal halide.
4. Metal halide for growing.
I'm expect that number 2 is the best choise but it's only because I'm think that the green spectrum in light do noting for growing. And sodium lamp have no ultraviolet light (or have much less) that MH. So it's no smell ozone or nitrogen oxides.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Growing bamboo indoor.

Hello All.
I will purchase bamboo from netherland for future growing in my house for future landing in my garden. I'm living nearby Kiev city. It's too late to landing bamboo right now. With light I should use for growing bamboo?
1. General use HPS?
2. HPS for growing (more light in blue area spectrum).
3. General use metal halide.
4. Metal halide for growing.
I'm expect that number 2 is the best choise but it's only because I'm think that the green spectrum in light do noting for growing. And sodium lamp have no ultraviolet light (or have much less) that MH. So it's no smell ozone or nitrogen oxides.

o
RE: Growing bamboo indoor.

• Posted by Skie_M Zone 7 (Southwestern (My Page) on
    Sat, Jul 19, 14 at 1:34

I would choose #2 ... green wont do much for your plants, it's reflected away by the chlorophyll ...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bamboo Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here