Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pfkaplan1_gw

Wamin Bamboo (Dwarf Buddha Belly) has problems...HELP!

pfkaplan1
12 years ago

I am a newly self-described and non-recovering Bamboo Addict, just planted 15 clumping trees in ground from 15 - 25 gallon pots..... all at once....4 Gracilis, 10 dwarf gracilis, and one ever-so-cute Wamin, for decorative purposes... and then.... the cold front came through last week. Most of the trees are cold tolerant to 15 degrees, so they are fine. I covered the Wamin and put a small 60 watt lamp inside the cover to keep it warmer. But, the Wamin is looking ill. All the leaves curled up lengthwise and were 'crispy'. Of course I watered it immediately. I also gave it a shower of water. I check it every morning for signs of improvement. Two days ago and this morning when I checked the leaves had opened up! Still a bit lackluster in coloring, but open. Two hours later, when the sun hits it, the leaves curl up again. I checked the soil and it is fine, not wet or dry, I stick my finger in there and its moist-ish...the moisture meter is registering in the center. Does anyone know what is happening with my baby?

Comments (3)

Sponsored