Return to the Bamboo Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Containing Golden Bamboo

Posted by oddnumber none (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 7, 14 at 13:18

Hi all, as I've mentioned in other posts we have a 10 metre span of golden bamboo that is acting as a prvacy screen for us. We planted it in May, but naively didn't use barriers - purely becasue we didn't know about them.

So, fast forward 8 months to now and I want to retro-install barriers to stop the spread. Directly behind the row there is a fence and a neighbour's garden (which we're trying to block), and to the left there's another neighbour's garden that doen't have lawn and is gravelled over hardcore so less of a worry.

Is it possible to use barriers this late in the game? Have I made a massive error? Any help appreciated!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Containing Golden Bamboo

You say it's a recently planted 30 meter span -- did you plant a row of smaller containers spaced several feet (ok a meter) apart or something? If so then the rhizomes cannot possibly have spread too much after being in the ground just 7-8 months.

o
RE: Containing Golden Bamboo

Hi there, thanks for the reply :)

It's a 10 meter span, with two rows planted in a staggered formation about 30" apart. If that makes sense?

I don't think it's spread too far yet, but is it possible to install a barrier AFTER planting them?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bamboo Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here