Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ray_ratliff

Scale & My Buddha Belly

ray_ratliff
16 years ago

I have read a couple previous posts on scale control & still find myself with a couple questions & would gladly welcome anyone who might be able to share some additional information. Here are my questions: #1 I have seen the orothene can be used to kill off the scale insects. I have also read that lady buys love to eat scale insects. I have my bamboos potted on an enclosed balcony, would the lady bugs do the trick? Or should I dawn the chemical mask & start spraying? #2 If I spray the orothene on the plant, do I first need to remove the adult scale with their hard waxy shells? Or will the orothene dissolve the scales & destroy the bug? #3 When should I apply the chemical; A day or two before watering, right after watering, or a couple days after watering? #4 If you have experience with orothene, how dangerous is it to be in contact with the plant (touching leaves bare handed, etc.) after it has had a couple days to absorb the chemicals & dry off? I look forward to eradicating the little pests =0).

-Ray-

Comments (3)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH