Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
judderwocky

moso seedling looking pale

judderwocky
13 years ago

I have a moso seedling that had a very rough start. First of all the original pot that it was in, had really really bad drainage and the plant got brown tips/spots and started turning yellow. mid way through august, i decided i would let it take its chances in the soil, and i planted it in the backyard in the shade... the plant got a lot better and was starting to do great, until it got run over with the lawn mower. within a week it put off a replacement culm and that culm (smaller than the first) that was very nice shade of green... this culm has been chilling out through the winter. ... its gotten down to 16 degrees at times... and the plant has survived... without any visible damage

unfortunately its looking very pale right now... a lot of the things in the yard have turned yellow or faded, and i was wondering if this was seasonal with moso as well ... its been raining a fair amount the last few days... seems a tad greener but still kinda paleish ....

any thoughts??? it was doing really well for a while in autumn... i was surprised after all it had gone through, i decided it must really like the sandy florida soil... i had talked with some people growing moso about 30 min away from me, and said that the moso got loose in their backyard and was doing great. so i don't know if i should be concerned or not about what may or may not be seasonal color changes....

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Fineline Deck Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars11 Reviews
Women Owned Construction Company Specializing in High Quality Decks