Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
wildbillgt

Hello everyone!!

wildbillgt
16 years ago

Hello folks!!

Sun was out in force this week and well of course it drew me out into the yard.... kinda feel like a bear poking its head out of the den for the first time this year, probably a little premature but it cant be helped, jump in the car go to Lowes to get some birdseed for the feeders as the birds are coming back... get a frikkin ticket while going to Lowes..(you know me, everythings an adventure!!)Luckily the cop was a nice fella. Go home all ticked off and dont feed the birds... just kidding!! I fed them begrudgingly!!(they just better have appreciated it!!)I am sure it hasnt been the same for some of you folks on the east coast, here in the NW it is starting to warm up a bit, makes a fella think about gardening. At the end of the summer I was working on a new landscape design for my front driveway approach, planting a Vivax Aureocaulis, some Jap Maples which the deer loved, and some grasses, when spring shows up I will finish it adding a water feature that has two basalt columner rocks with a copper gutter between them that will have a sheet of water coming off of that, I cant wait and of course will have pictures, with that said, I cant remember how to add pictures!! lol!!

Cmon Cady... help me out here.

How is everyone doing?

Comments (4)

• kudzu9
    16 years ago

wildbill-
    I'm fine, but it's been a while. I thought you were maybe in the Witness Protection Program or something! I've been in my new house for 3 years now and the bamboo are starting to give me a workout. I also put in a greenhouse last year and have tried to become a vegetable gardener...limited success with some stuff, but did get about a hundred pounds of tomatoes. Let me know if you guys ever get up this way and need a place to stay for the night.

• mersiepoo
    16 years ago

Our weather goes from freezing to balmy, quite strange here, and the winds- it's like Kansas! It tore some siding off the house. Definitely NOT a typical winter for sure.

I did a tally of all the little bamboo that I have planted the past 3 years, I have like 7 plants that are still alive. Many of the new ones are from my family friend, she's got some sort of bamboo invading her yard, so I go up there occasionally and cut it, dig it up and clean up her yard. It's the least I can do. Hope to get up there this year so I can get me some more bamboo, I got a lot of road frontage to screen! :)

Your property sounds great! I know, the deer are great over here too, I've hit about 4 of them with my truck, our other 2 cars have hit a bunch as well. The deer will love eating my garden this year..ha ha! I hope not, I'm planning on getting the dog run to encircle the whole thing, so then it'll also keep those raccoons out who love to unearth my plants.

Happy Gardening!

• kentuck_8b
    16 years ago

It was 83F yesterday, and tomorrow morning it is supposed to be 32F. Hot then cold then hot then cold...

The deer really liked my Jap maples also. Nothing but stems left. We had an unusually wet Summer last year, great for my bamboo that I planted. I need to make some more divisions, but with re-modeling my house and other work, there isn't much time. Can't wait till the days get longer.

Don't be a stranger...keep us posted on you work.

Kt

• vancleaveterry
    16 years ago

Deer are tearing up my 5' tall magnolia grandifloras and a few small live oaks and one southern red oak. Almost every small magnolia.

Not eating them, but antler rubbing.