Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
soozienurse_gw

Bamboo-Connecticut

Soozienurse
12 years ago

Hi...I'm new to this forum..I am looking for some advice and possibly some bamboo. My zone is 6 (near Danbury, CT), and I have about a 300+ stretch of my back yard that buts up to a highway entrance ramp. Its VERY noisy, and often cars and trucks park there for hours on end. I have little kids and it makes me uneasy. There is a stand (maybe 40' or so) of really tall, old pines in between the end of the yard and the highway, and we put in a 10' tall berm of dirt in front of them, but doesn't really help with the noise or block the view. I was going to put Thuja's or Cypress tress, but I want something there YESTERDAY! Any suggestions as to which variety would be good? Should I plant them on the top and sides of the berm, or in front of it? I should be able to keep the runners out of my yard by mowing (from what I have read), right?. Is there a general rule about how many to plant per square foot? The area gets sun almost all day long, and its really kind of dry back there. If anyone has extra, I'd be happy to dig it up or purchase some...Free labor! But what they get online or at the nurseries would put me in the poorhouse, i think! Thanks! Sue

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Dream Design Construction LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Loudoun County's Innovative Design-Build Firms