Return to the Bamboo Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Inherited 10' Indoor Bamboo is dying help!

Posted by EricaBamboo Mass (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 31, 11 at 12:43

I recently inherited a 10' potted indoor bamboo plant from my boss. It wasn't thriving there so he gave it to me to try to revive. Of course as soon as I take it, it takes a turn for the worse!!

I don't know if it's not getting enough sunlight, not enough water, too much water, are the windows too drafty, is my apartment too cold? What's going on! I thought these things were pretty resilient. Shows how much I know!

I water it a good amount about once a week and it is in a north facing room which gets light, but not a ton of direct light. There is still slight new growth, but all the ends of the blades are dying. and quickly.

any help would be wonderful! this plant is a beauty, I'd hate to be sending it to its demise!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Inherited 10' Indoor Bamboo is dying help!

• Posted by kudzu9 Zone 8b WA (My Page) on
    Thu, Mar 31, 11 at 16:35

Bamboo can be grown indoors with varying degrees of success. They like to be kept moist and the more light the better. My question is: how big is the pot and how long has the bamboo been in it? Bamboo need to be re-potted periodically. Also, if you can post a photo it would help.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bamboo Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here