Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rmk3392

Requesting help with ID

rmk3392
16 years ago

Hello,

I posted on 3/1 regarding a question about bamboo roots. Below is a link to 6 pictures I took of the plant in question...hoping someone can help ID it.

I live in St. Louis, Missouri and acquired this one culm and rootball from a friend who has a very nice running grove but doesn't know the species. I would estimate his grove height to be in the 20 to 30 range. It has been a while since I saw the grove and don't recall the culm diameters but I recall them being pretty thick.

I took this culm home two years ago, planted it in a rather damp/marshy area before I knew any better, and it remained alive without sending up further shoots. If anyone has any ideas about species I would appreciate it. One note is that when I planted it I recall that the main roots had hollow channels in them. Each part of the culm between nodes has a grove along the length, and successive grooves seem to alternate 180 degrees. P. aureosulcata???

Thank for any help!

Rick

Here is a link that might be useful: http://cid-ab3c698d4c3b77cb.spaces.live.com/default.aspx

Comments (2)