Return to the Bamboo Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Moso, which is which?

Posted by kchedville 8 (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 24, 08 at 23:31

I posted 4 photos of what I assumed is Moso Bamboo. I had 2 potted Plants, They've been in the ground for close to 2 years now,growing well, and they just started a new batch of shoots, today I noticed that the shoots around one plant had leaves sprouting from the shoots where the other plants shoots didnt, could I have 2 varieties of MOSO??? All replys are appreciated. The 2 photos with the white bucket in it is the same plant.

Here is a link that might be useful: Moso Bamboo Pics

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Moso, which is which?

Looks like the branches are opening up already on #2 and #1 should look like that very soon. If these were divisions of the same plant, there may be some type of environmental difference (one plant is shooting slightly ahead of the other). If they were seedlings than they can definitely have differences.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bamboo Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here