Return to the Bamboo Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bamboo shoots

Posted by guyfrom505 zone 6/7 New Mexico (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 22, 07 at 13:43

My P. Nigra is shooting and I'm very excited. I planted it late last summer so these are my first P. Nigra shoots. There were three plants total and each had one, two, or three culms. So far I have 15 shoots that mostly look like they will grow taller than the original culms. My question is how long should new shoots come up? They began coming up about the first week of April. Will there be another round of shoots in May or even June? Any info on shoots would be appreciated very much! Thanks for all the info over the past 8 months as well!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bamboo shoots

• Posted by kudzu9 Zone 8b, WA (My Page) on
    Sun, Apr 22, 07 at 14:50

Most bamboo shoot over several weeks annually and that's it for the year. Some will do a second shooting later in the summer, but most don't. My Ph. nigra only does it once a year.

o

How many weeks will it shoot for? Any rough idea would be great. Thanks!

o

• Posted by kudzu9 Zone 8b, WA (My Page) on
    Mon, Apr 23, 07 at 0:41

In my Zone, 2-3 weeks...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bamboo Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here