Return to the Bamboo Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bamboo for North Florida

Posted by Pind54 9b (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 21, 13 at 20:47

I am looking for an upright, non spreading bamboo that will be in a mostly shady area and that is 6-8 feet in height. I appreciate suggestions. The thought is to put it along a fence line in an area that is about 2 feet wide (between fence and deck). If not bamboo...other suggestions for this location???

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bamboo for North Florida

2 feet wide is the growing area, or the area that the topgrowth will have to spread?

Look into some of the Bambusas.

Kt

o

The growing area is 2 feet wide by 6 feet long and height of 6-8 feet (so it is long, narrow strip between the edge of the deck and the fence). Any specific bambusa suggestions?

o

Possibly Bambusa multiplex 'Riviereorum' or Bambusa
multiplex 'Willowy'. They both may lean outward a bit though.

I have a bamboo that was sold to me as Bambusa edulis, which I was told would grow to over 50 feet. It has never gotten over six feet in height and very erect with many culms. It would definitely work in your area, but I don't have enough to divide and sell, but maybe someone else knows what bamboo I have from my description.

Kt

o

Bambusa multiplex rivierorum "Chinese Goddess"

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bamboo Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here