Return to the Bamboo Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Strong-willed bamboo

Posted by shawnwei (My Page) on
Wed, May 16, 07 at 11:25

My friend has a lanky bamboo in a glass jar sitting in my hall for some weeks without water. All is left are some roots, perhaps dried?
I thought that it's not gonna survive but it's still having all its green leaves with a couple of brown ones, and still surviving! The trunk is wrinkled though.
I'm thinking of asking my friend to let me plant it outside in the garden. I heard that bamboo is invasive and spread easily. So I'm not sure whether to plant it, if that's the case...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Strong-willed bamboo

• Posted by kudzu9 Zone 8b, WA (My Page) on
    Wed, May 16, 07 at 12:36

I doubt that it's invasive, but you might want to try the Lucky Bamboo forum, because the plant you have is not actually a bamboo; it's a houseplant (dracaena sanderiana) that some marketing whiz is making a fortune off of by calling it bamboo. The only relationship it has with bamboo is that it's a green plant.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bamboo Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here