Return to the Bamboo Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Yellow Groove worries

Posted by lamalu Zone 6 (My Page) on
Wed, May 9, 07 at 11:43

Hi! Love the forum!
I planted a yellow groove last fall. The leaves turned yellow, as did my F. Rufa and F. Murilae, but now the fargesias are leafing out and the yellow groove doesn't seem to be doing anything. I've heard that it can take 3 years to really show growth but I am concerned that it's not leafing by now. I mulched but after reading some posts realize that I didn't use near as much as recommended - say 2-3 inches vs. 6 inches. Argh. Do I need to buy another yellow groove?
Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Yellow Groove worries

The culms may have top-killed and there will be no new leaves- they are dead. BUT the rhizomes are sure to be alive and will send up new shoots. Is your plant sending up new shoots?

o

I haven't seen any new shoots yet. But new shoots could come up anywhere, right? I've only been looking in the general vicinity of the main plant. None of the leaves have dropped off - that's got to be a good sign.

o

My yellow groove finally started to leaf out! Really took his time but it's happening! Whew! Feeling so much better. This fall I'm going to mulch much more heavily than I did last winter. Yay!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bamboo Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here