Return to the Bamboo Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Urban Bamboo Henon

Posted by iain42 7 (My Page) on
Sun, May 6, 07 at 12:59

I live in Downtown Little Rock which is seeing a rise in development and I am wanting to spend some money on landscaping. Looking out from my backyard it looks like a concrete jungle as I I can see the back of many businesses. I ruled out bamboo a while back but after seeing some pictures of Moso and Henon I am considering it again. What I would like to do is create a containment system running across the back lot 60ft long by about 6ft wide. The timber bamboo is amazing looking and I think will block my view of the businesses in the backyard. I need the view blocked from 8ft to 30ft high. I realize these bamboos grow taller and that is fine with me. I also do not mind taking care of the bamboo thinning out etc as I would prefer fewer more healthy grove and not the clumpy looking bamboo grove. I also like the tropical feel they provide and should go well with my giant elephant ears and musa basjoo banana trees.

Possible issues

The bamboo would grow over sewage line is it going to grow through or into pvc?

I have heard the words legal liability mentioned often this scares me... Why?

What do you guys think? Does this plan sound ok or am I misguided?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Urban Bamboo Henon

I fell in love when I saw this picture.
See what you think.

Regards
Chris

Here is a link that might be useful: Semiarundinaria

o

Is that Henon? That is amazing. I think I will dig up my sewar line and wrap that in rhizome barrier as well....better safe than sorry.

o

I have a small grove of Semiarundinaria Fastuosa and it is awesome. The rizomes on mine are only 12 to 15 inches deep so I don't worry about my septic lines which are 30" deep. Bamboo does not like wet feet so I see no problem with sewer lines. If you want to see a 10 yr grove, Check out behind the McDonalds in Clarksville AR. about 90 miles west on I40 for you.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bamboo Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here