Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bozilla

Planting Bamboo around a pond

bozilla
14 years ago

Hello,

I'm new to the forums, and am getting very interested in bamboo. I have a fishing tank that is about 4 miles in circumference, and has a constant water level with cat tails thriving on it's banks. I'd really like to plant several groves of bamboo on it's banks, but I won't be there very often to moniter the growth or to water the plants very often. The varieties I'm most interested in are golden, black, and mosa. All for different reasons... Shade and building materials from the mosa, cane poles and also eye-pleasing groves from the golden and black. I was going to seperate these. The soil is a red clay.

I guess I was just wondering where I should start here. How far from the bank should I plant? What is the best, low maintenance way for me to get groves established? How many plants will I need of each? I'm really excited about getting these started, and if the groves really take off it could create more of an eastern feel that I'm looking forward to. Any advice, help, is most appreciated.

I don't have a whole lot of money to spend also. I'm getting married in just a couple of weeks, so I can't afford to buy 10 of each plant even though I would love that to get groves established quickly.

Thanks!

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Fineline Deck Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars11 Reviews
Women Owned Construction Company Specializing in High Quality Decks