Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hollenback_gw

Anyone going to the Seattle Bamboo Festival?

hollenback
16 years ago

Is anyone here going to the bamboo festival on June 2nd?

This year it is at a different location than the last couple of years but there is link to a map on the website.

Bill

Here is a link that might be useful: More information

Comments (8)

• madake
    16 years ago

Want to! Can't... childs B-day party :) I might send a few people that way.
    K.

• kudzu9
    16 years ago

Nuts! I've got an unavoidable commitment that whole day. Hope you get some nice stuff at the auction, Bill!

P.S.: I still have no bites on the bamboo dig in Issaquah. If you can find anyone at the festival who wants to dig, let me know.

• hollenback
    Original Author
    16 years ago

To bad you can't make it. I know this is a hard time of year to schedule events. I guess you will need to check the July events and plan for them now. :-)

kudzu,
    I will see if I can get anyone interested and let you know. If it was a hardier bamboo I think I could have gotten some people from over here interested. In the past week I have had two people visit me that had received some free "bamboo" (Japanese Knotweed) and wanted to increase their collection. My bamboo is all shooting otherwise I would have given them some real bamboo.

Bill

• hollenback
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Some photos from the Festival are now on the pnwbamboo.org website.

I think it was the best Seattle festival that I have gone to so far.

Bill

Here is a link that might be useful: Photos

• cattar
    15 years ago

Yes Bill, I am planning on going to the festival next weekend. Looking for someone that may have some rubro for sale. I've been calling around and only the bigger sizes are available. I just can't afford 9 of those! I may need to mail order to get the smaller ones. Hope I see you there and you can tell me all about what I need to know to grow bamboo in our area! Cindy Attar

• hollenback
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Cindy,
    I'll see you there. I should be there about 9:30 and I will stick around all day. The WSU grove cleanups are also a good place to pick up some rubro.

This year the festival is on June 1st from 9:00 to 3:00 at the same location as last year.

Bill

Here is a link that might be useful: 2008 Seattle Festival Information

• flora2
    15 years ago

Hi
    I am new to bamboo but love it for its tropical look. As you guessed I love tropical plants and bamboo offers the advantage of some plants that are hardy here. It might be that "ignorance is daring"--I hope I never kill one.
    I'd love to get some broad -leaf and fountain bamboo (fountain shape anyway). I will do my very best to go to the festival. Can you tell me if there are going to be plants for sale at this event? Thanks a lot

• kudzu9
    15 years ago

There is usually a variety of plants for sale from different vendors, as well as an auction of "rare" bamboo.

Sponsored
Michael Nash Design, Build & Homes
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars254 Reviews
Northern Virginia Design Build Firm | 18x Best of Houzz