Return to the Bamboo Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My bamboo is doing poorly, Please Help!

Posted by elly29 Ca z9 (ronald2278@sbcglobal.net) on
Mon, May 21, 07 at 15:17

I got some bamboo from a plant trade and I don't know the name, but I put them all in pots to get big and strong untill I put them in the ground. They started off great. They put out new shoots, but the shoots stopped getting bigger and the leaves are starting to turn brown. Am I keeping the pots too wet maybe? I try not to let the pots dry out because I have heard that bamboo likes alot of water. Is that true? I have them in full sun. Please Help!
Elly

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My bamboo is doing poorly, Please Help!

don't know what your problem is but do let the pots dry out between waterings. too much water can for sure be a problem, but it may not be yours, anyway i'd let them dry and just keep watching to see what happens, not really anything you can do. how long has it been since they arrived?

o

I got the bamboo about 3-4 months ago.

o

I think you got some henon from me. What you are describing sounds more like they aren't getting enough water, as far as symptoms go, which doesn't make sense. You can let the sound dry out between waterings. The leaves will tell you when they are in need of water by starting to curl before drying up. Be careful, in dry climates like here in the southeast the time frame from leaf curl to loosing foliage and/or culm kill can be only a day or so in potted plants. But you can get an idea of the needs of your boo by letting it dry out. If you can send me some pics of your plants I can see if I can tell anything else.
Chris
dhclumber@knology.net

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bamboo Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here