Return to the Bamboo Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bamboo Farm Visit

Posted by iain42 7b (My Page) on
Mon, May 17, 10 at 19:08

Well I am glad I visited the farm before digging bamboo. I would have been a little under prepared. Need a bigger truck and sharper shovels :)

http://picasaweb.google.com/iain42/BambooFarm

From Bamboo Farm
From Bamboo Farm
From Bamboo Farm
From Bamboo Farm
From Bamboo Farm
From Bamboo Farm
From Bamboo Farm
From Bamboo Farm
From Bamboo Farm
From Bamboo Farm
From Bamboo Farm
From Bamboo Farm
From Bamboo Farm

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bamboo Farm Visit

Buying the plants already potted will be better in many ways.1 they are dug by very experienced professionals. 2 they have already gone through the transplant shock and recovered. 3 they will establish much faster than plants freshly dug. 4 They already started regrowing their rhizomes and establishing their own grove. 5 plants require alot of TLC right after they are dug, plants already in pots will require less care after planting in the ground. At least now you know what to expect. Good Luck.

o

Thanks for the info. The price is so good for digging them myself that I'm not worried about time to re-establish. I'm very happy to find them 4min from home instead of 4-6 hours. This will make it much easier.

I got to see a very interesting mix of bamboo. When I go back in August I am going to pick up a couple Henon, robert young, another yellow bamboo, and a couple of the dwarf bamboos. The size of the moso was staggering. I decided not to get one of those. lol

o

Which "Bamboo Farm" is this? Where is it located?

o

Yes, please, where is this farm at?

o

It is in Morrilton, AR. It used to be a nursery but now they basically let you dig your own for a discounted price. The name of the nursery was morningside nurery. I'll double check.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bamboo Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here