Return to the Bamboo Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need some help with ID and planting

Posted by gardening_fool 9b San Juan Capistra (My Page) on
Wed, May 16, 07 at 19:58

Someone gave me these and I want to plant in the correct area. What type if possible and if they are clumping or running and also approx height when mature.
First picture the Plastic pot says on a piece of tape " Karr " on other side tape says "sasa running ", Second picture is a varigated leaf.Third picture the leafs are wider and longer than other bamboo I've seen. I know this is not much to go on and pictures are not so great. But some idea or good guess will help me! Thanks, Melissa

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need some help with ID and planting

i believe that they are all runners, #1 & #3 may be the same species, and that appears to be indocalamus tesselatus, #3 surely is the i tess, #1 could be a sasa but looks also like i tess - hard to tell for sure from those pics

variegated one could be hibanobambusa tranquillans 'shiroshima', possibly others but a likely suspect due to the long leaves/branch structure

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bamboo Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here