Return to the Bamboo Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fargesia Rufa and Mulch

Posted by Jaginator none (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 6, 11 at 0:43

I've read that new plantings should be mulched. Will this impede its spread at all? Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fargesia Rufa and Mulch

Mulching is not necessary, but it won't hurt. Mulching will have zero effect on spread.

o

I agree with Kudzu. Just don't create a huge mound of mulch up against the plant. Add a couple of inches, but keep it pulled back a little.

o

Thanks for the responses. I'll see how the weather goes. It's been a little hot lately and I just want to be sure the new bamboo has enough moisture to work with.

o

Well, if it's hot, mulch will help with moisture retention. Just make sure you water regularly. When you have bamboo that is new and not fully established, it's helpful to monitor moisture levels with one of those cheap ($10) moisture meters that have two long probes you stick in the ground.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bamboo Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here