Return to the Bamboo Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
anyone buy black boo from Ty Ty nursery in GA?

Posted by nativefloridian4 9 (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 17, 06 at 5:47

I have been trying to find someome with black bamboo to trade, with no luck.
You know how it is...I got to have some.
Has anyone here bought from TyTy and if so how was the bamboo?

Any other nursery's or anyone willing to trade for my bamboo please LMK

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: anyone buy black boo from Ty Ty nursery in GA?

• Posted by lkz5ia z5 west iowa (My Page) on
    Sat, Jun 17, 06 at 10:35

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

Stay far away from tyty! Unless, you want to make a donation to them!

Here is a link that might be useful: gardenwatchdog.com bamboo nurseries ratings

o

• Posted by foxd z5b/6a (My Page) on
    Sat, Jun 17, 06 at 11:40

TYTY! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

I have never bought from them, but I have read enough horror stories about them to steer clear. I would stronly suggest buying elsewhere unless you are really wanting to have another horror story about them to tell your friends. It depends on whether you want bamboo or an interesting, terrifying anecdote about them.

o

whenever i'm feeling down i just look at the pictures at the tyty site

Here is a link that might be useful: better business bureau

o

• Posted by kudzu9 Zone 8b, WA (My Page) on
    Sat, Jun 17, 06 at 13:28

If you ever check Gardenwatchdog (www.davesgarden.com/gwd/) to get an idea of how reliable a nursery is you won't find TyTy listed among the other 4000+ nurseries. At one time they were listed, and the postings comprised the most horrifying, pathetic, and sometimes sadly hilarious set of failed transactions I've ever seen. However, TyTy threatened to sue the owners of Gardenwatchdog if their listing wasn't removed. Even though all the horrible reviews were the product of unhappy customers, and not the Gardenwatchdog folks, they did remove the listing in order to avoid spending resources defending against this threat. The only people who probably order from TyTy are those who don't know their reputation and have to find out the hard way.

o

I've got P nigra and B lako. You can have a division of P nigra. Do you live near Jacksonville ? Come and dig some. Rich

o

i'm surprised they are still in business

o

Check out this thread on the Georgia forum.

Here is a link that might be useful: TyTy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bamboo Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here