Return to the Bamboo Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Suffering Bamboo

Posted by sisle wa (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 9, 14 at 14:59

Hello! I am hoping someone can give me some advice on my lucky bamboo! it is 6 years old and has always been in water never soil. about 9 months ago I had to leave the bamboo w a family member until I had a new house where I could keep it. Sadly the family member is not plant friendly and when I got the plant back it had a rag stuffed into the vase to help hold it up and it was covered in black and yellow mold. I have a new vase for it and change the water every other day. I have to change the water this often or it gets a film on top of the water and it smells horrible. It has kind of gone wild and no longer grows straight up. It has a lot of yellow leaves and 2 of the tops of the stalks are black. I use only filtered water never tap water and it gets lots of indirect light. My question is, how can I bring the plant back. the leaves are still alive they are not quite dead yet. Is there any tricks that can help and also can I trim back the roots? I fear I am not getting all the slimy mold that was on them. Any help is appreciated I really don't want to lose my bamboo!!! Thank you!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Suffering Bamboo

lucky "bamboo" is NOT bamboo so you may have better luck somewhere else. you will also want to clean the vase with soap and water AND rinse the roots thoroughly, you may want to also consider adding some marbles or something to allow only keeping the very roots wet and not the stalks.
good luck.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bamboo Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here