Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
garden_sprite

Bamboo Sprouts Dying

garden_sprite
14 years ago

Help! I live in Long Island New York and I am growing a bamboo screen for the last 2 years(planted them in may 2007). THis is the first year that I am noticing alot of bamboo sprouts growing and was so excited that my screen is filling in.

Toda i went out to look over my garden since we had a slight reprieve from the rain - about 10 days its been raining here I think. I noticed there were lots of little bamboo sprouts that looked odd. Only a few inches tall and very pale yellow. I touched them and they were very soft and I could totally pull them out of the ground without any effort. There are so many of them and I dont know what happened.

Right before we had this neverending rain I added some lawn fertilizer to the top of the soil. I added Super Green by Vigoro its 35-0-5 and its a slow release kind that feeds for 5 months. I was told to get any lawn fertilizer that had a high first number bc thats what the bamboo needs.

Please anyone with any advice on what is happening to them I would appreciate any tips to save my bamboo.

Comments (3)