Return to the Bamboo Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Lucky Bamboo - Growing Stalks?

Posted by chaznsc 7 (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 24, 06 at 18:25

I have many pieces of lucky bamboo, which I know isnt really bamboo. I am interested in growing the stalks and not just the leaves that sprout from the side. Since mine grows VERY slowly, I thought I would ask if the leafy portions eventually make new "stalks"?

Thanks in advance for any advice, or pointers to the same.

chaz

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Lucky Bamboo - Growing Stalks?

• Posted by kudzu9 Zone 8b, WA (My Page) on
    Sun, Jun 25, 06 at 0:16

Most of us here are mono-focused on growing bamboo and you might have better luck asking in the houseplant forum...

o
RE: Lucky Bamboo - Growing Stalks?

if you have these plants in vases with rocks and water, try adding something to the water they grow in. Plants grow faster when they are supplied the nutrients they need. Otherwise find a nice looking pot and some good potting soil to put them in. As far as I know, those leaves will lengthen, but I am not sure how long it will take before it starts shooting out any stalks...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bamboo Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here