Return to the Bamboo Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bamboo Nursury in Dallas Area

Posted by kanemasu 7 (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 9, 06 at 0:26

Anyone know of a Bamboo Nursury in the Dallas, TX area?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bamboo Nursury in Dallas Area

• Posted by unautre 8B San Antonio TX (My Page) on
    Sun, Jul 9, 06 at 9:37

I would not be surprised if there aren't any in DFW.
There aren't any here in San Antonio.

I've seen some bamboo, ratty and busting out of pots, totally unattractive to the casual shopper, at Milberger's and Fannick's here. Poor selection, IIRC, only a few Phyllostachys and B. multiplex. Milberger's has a small, young grove of Ph. nigra.

If are serious about bamboo, buy on Internet.

bambootexas.com (north Houston)

bambooplantation.com (MS)

lewisbamboo.com (AL) (runners only)

For bamboo info in TX, there's this self-described nut case in the RG valley:

boonut.com

o

There is one in Warren, TX, but I believe it is a wholesale nursery.

There is, or at least was, one in San Antonio. I called there and they were out of what I was looking for, but that was over two years ago. If I find the address or phone number, I will post it. They used to be listed in the ABS directory of bamboo nurseries.

Kt

o

• Posted by kudzu9 Zone 8b, WA (My Page) on
    Sun, Jul 9, 06 at 12:49

There don't appear to be any ABS member nurseries in Dallas. There are several in Texas, and you can scroll down through the list to see if any work for you...

Here is a link that might be useful: ABS Species Sources

o

The one in Warren is a wholesale nursery. Doremus Wholesale Nursery Warren, TX (409)547-3536; sales@doremusnursery.com

There is one in New Braunfels, but I haven't heard anything about them. They may only sell bamboo items such as flooring.
(830) 626-9888
651 N Business Ih 35 Ste 1030
New Braunfels, TX 78130

Kt

o

Thanks for all the info! I will search online.

o

I have seen golden boo at Calloways but thats it..

o

Have you tried Northaven Gardens? When I worked there in 1998 I started them with that group of plants but I do not know if they kept at it.

o

I was there not long ago, I think they had one or two boo's, golden or maybe it was nuda or black. Not very impressive, I still order online for mine.. you get the same size online as what the local nursery sells anyway.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bamboo Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here