Return to the Bamboo Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Repotting seedlings

Posted by succulentfreak N. CA - Z8 (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 15, 06 at 1:40

I've searched this site for awhile now and can't find the info I need. I did read that seedlings should be at least 3" before transplanting but I have a few more questions...

Should each seedling be in its own pot? I planted in large cell trays and a couple cells have 2 or three seedlings. Do they need to be separated? Better to leave them together, untraumatized?

I have loads of 1 gallon plastic pots..big enough?

The Moso are at 3", Dendro Giant 8" and Lako and Asper at 6"...ok to transplant all now?

Thanks for all the great info provided on this site. I have lurked lots and learned tons from you all. Amy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Repotting seedlings

Never put all your eggs in one basket, transplant a few of each today , a few another day.
I like rainy days the best for this.
Work in the shade and leave the new transplants in a shady wind sheltered spot gradually moving them back to the sun.

o

• Posted by gdr41 pa. z6 (My Page) on
    Sat, Jul 15, 06 at 18:29

a general rule for trans planting any seedling is it's ok to do after plant has it's second set of leaves. meaning that plant has one set of leaves then higher up the stem another set. if more leaves than that the better. one gallon containers will be fine, you can go to larger pots later. you can have 2 seedlings in one pot then seperate later or just let them grow together. you should get them out of the cell tray and into your 1 gallon pots and you'll see them start to grow faster. as bamboo6 say's keep them sheltered for a few day's then full sun ok. I've grown hundreds of boo from seed and it sounds like your doing fine so far.

o

Great! Thank you both for your info. Looks like I have the next couple of weeks planned for me! Amy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bamboo Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here