Return to the Bamboo Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
P.Nigra from cuttings

Posted by staticbob UK (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 30, 06 at 10:19

Hi All,

I have recently cut out a couple of culms from my P.Nigra due to wind damage. One of the culms is this years green growth, the other is mature black.

Is it possible to cultivate new plants from these culms, or are they waste now ? If so, could somebody suggest a method for this.

I'd read somewhere that cutting into pieces with a whole section, then a half section after each node, sealing the top end and planting could produce results ? At the moment, I have the full culms cut cleanly at the wind damage and sat in a bucket of water, I haven't trimmed any other growth off yet.

Thanks in advance !
Bob

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: P.Nigra from cuttings

You can try, but my understanding is culm propagation only works with clumpers not runners.

o

• Posted by kudzu9 Zone 8b, WA (My Page) on
    Tue, Aug 1, 06 at 12:57

Sorry...won't work.

o

Yep, won't work.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bamboo Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here