Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bigchowder_gw

Dwarf Buddha Belly growth

BigChowder
9 years ago

Hello all, my first post here. Tried to search for this info first, but couldn't find it....

About 6 months ago I had my backyard redone. I had a landscaper plant a row of dwarf Buddha Belly in a raised concrete planter with the goal it will have a tropical/Asian look, grow a privacy screen from my neighbors, but also keep the height under control. The landscaper had it trucked up from SoCal and staged at a local nursery until planting. He claims the nursery chopped it down 3 or 4 feet, so they were only a few feet tall at planting time, but that they would shoot up and in a few months would be 10 feet tall. Well, it's been 7 months and they have grown maybe a foot total and don't look that great to me.

My question is, does Dwarf Buddha Belly grow slow? Did it getting chopped down stunt or stop its growth? I am concerned I have bamboo now that will always be small shrubs instead of a nice privacy screen. And of course, my landscaper has gone dark on me and won't return calls.

I'd love to hear from the brain trust here on what I should expect? I have attached a photo as well.

Comment (1)

Sponsored