Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
botanicalbill

Addicted to Bamboo

botanicalbill
10 years ago

Over the years I have used this web site form from time to time. I enjoy the information here. I have the urge to buy more and more varieties of bamboo. What is stopping me, buying more would cause me to redo my lawn irrigation along with bringing in micro irrigation for the dry months. Even if I had the irrigation solved, I would take my time on planning out the layout. I have thought of dividing my 1/2 acre back yard up into 'rooms' by rows of bamboo. Its lots of planning. I also want to see what is better for my liking, asian lemon or gracilis.
I have 6 different types of bamboo in the ground. All of them are bambusas. Vulgaris (common), Vulgaris-Vittata (common painted), malingensis (sea-breeze), Eutuldoides Viridi (Vittata) (asian lemon), Chungii, textilis gracilis. So far the asian lemon and the vulgaris have hit their max sizes. I have to say the asian lemon is very nice as it grows perfectly straight and is slightly open. I hear the gracilis is the same way but a smaller clum.
I have 2 different types in pots, runners. I have Pseudosasa Japonica (Arrow Bamboo) and Phyllostachys Rubromarginata (Red Margin). I have no intentions of putting these in the ground. I would like to bring the arrow boo into my house. I think it would look nice if I could get some large planters and 10 gal nursery pots full of the stuff.

Like I said, I have used this site before but I do not think I ever really introduced myself.

The photo is vulgaris, you are not able to see all of the new shoots, they are hidden in the grass. I counted 10 new shoots today.

Comments (3)

Sponsored