Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cat_delgado_gw

Want to create low bamboo hedge

cat_delgado
13 years ago

I am looking to create a low bamboo hedge at the back of my garden to cover the view of a cemetery. I like to host alot of parties and it always get creepy at night looking at the headstones. I would like to plant some bamboo that at mature height would be around 10 ft (a few feet higher is okay) the space is about 50 ft long and I'd like to place a barrier to keep the bamboo from invading too deeply into my garden beds. Ideally the area the bamboo would be used is about 50 ft long and 2 or 3 ft wide in a rectangular shape( I want to use a root barrier but don't know what or where to get it, any suggestions? I thought about just using 5 gallon buckets 2/3 underground but don't know if the bamboo roots will like that) I don't really care about the color, type, of bambooo just that it doesn't get way tooo high and block the sun from my other plants too much and that can be happy in the narrow (but long) space. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!! And of course, economical ideas are very very appreciated LOL :)

Comment (1)