Return to the Bamboo Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
More nigra pics

Posted by gardener1 6 (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 21, 12 at 12:21

More pics of the nigra. Of course these are 1st year culms. I believe the black ones are 2 years old. I think. Sorry the pics are so out of focus.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: More nigra pics

sorry about that.

o

gardener1-
I suggest you take a different approach to getting pictures of your culms. When I have this problem with closeups, I simply put my hand next to the culm, let the camera focus on my palm, lock the focus by pressing the shutter button halfway down, shift slightly to frame the culm, and then shoot the culm by pressing the shutter the rest of the way down. Point-and-shoot doesn't have to mean you give up all control over the camera. I'd really like to see some focused pictures of your bamboo....

o

Kudzu9 I will absolutely get some better pics I have some huge sheets of paper I brought from work. I will also try your other suggestions. Here's one you might like. Thank You for the help.

o

Yellow groove. 1 1/4" in diameter waited 14 years to see this one.

o

1 1/4 inches is not that big for a bamboo. My dulcis and atrovaginata have reached that on their 4th shooting season after being planted in the ground, and they are nowhere close to their genetic potential for my cool climate.

I think yellow groove should still get bigger than that since there are some people who grow it up to 2 inches in diameter.

o

Hey, gardener1-
Looks like you have advanced in the world of closeup photography...nice picture!

o

Stevelau1911, Yeah I know still impatiently waiting for 2 inches in diameter, hopefully this next year I will get there. These were started from a very small plant. Kudzu9 I wish I could say you're right but this is an old picture. That culm is now about 32 ft tall. But I'm getting ready to try your techniques.Here's a pic of that grove. Thank You.

o

Here's what else I grow lots of. White,yellows and Pinks.

o

I see one culm in the background that is zig-zagged.

Nice waterflower and pic.

Kt

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bamboo Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here