Return to the Bamboo Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
bamboo in NC

Posted by hoosier52 z5b/6 (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 31, 05 at 12:31

This message was posted on the following bamboo link, toward the bottom of the page:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bamboo-plantations/messages

Folks in NC may wish to respond. I'd suggest to her that it is unlikely she'll get anyone to buy & harvest the bamboo, that her best bet is to offer free or very cheap dig your owns.

>
> The bamboo that I have is near Charlotte, NC. I do not know what kind it
is...? I will have some pictures of it this weekend. The property it is on was
used as a garden before the bamboo began growing and eventually overran the
land. We've never paid attention to the type of bamboo , just more that its
there and we haven't been able to get it to go away. Does that answer your
questions?? Thanks
> >>
>>> Where in NC are you and what kind of bamboo do you have?
> Jim
> >>
> >Hello. I am in need of finding someone who will harvest and buy about
> >2 acres of bamboo. I live in North Carolina. The bamboo ranges in all
> >ages. Some of it has been there for at least 30 years and down from
> >there. I will be selling the land that the bamboo is on and would like
> >to clear the land of the bamboo before selling it. Does anyone have
> >any suggestions on who I can ask and turn to?? Thanks,
> >
> >
>

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: bamboo in NC

I went and posted this site and told her she might have better luck offering it as a "FREE" dig. Not knowing the variety she has makes it a tough sell. ; - D
Later
CJ

o

well, if she dont mind doing so leg work and calling around, call some people that buy lumber and they might want to make the boo into wood flooring if its big enough, or how about an arts school, might need or want to buy some of it.

if she is going to sell the land, why would she want to mess with getting rid of it any how,. just put the land up for sale and let the new owners do what they want with it as they please. would be a pretty place to put a small house in the middle of all that boo, with paths going here and there from the house.

o

Hi, Bamboo usually grow starting in April. If you don't mind I can come pick the young bamboo to keep it from growing and multiplying. If possible you can email me a Marylei2008@gmail.com please let me know.

o

• Posted by kudzu9 Zone 8b, WA (My Page) on
    Sat, Mar 21, 09 at 16:28

lmx20-
You replied to a thread that is almost 4 years old from someone who was selling the land, so you may be out of luck. You could, though, try emailing the person who started this topic instead of expecting a response here. [Click on the OP's "My Page" to access the email.]

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bamboo Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here