Return to the Bamboo Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
When to relocate Lako?

Posted by kiettran Z10SanDiego (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 1, 06 at 2:04

Hello,

Last year, I planted a one gallon lako in the ground. As it turns out that the original location is a bit to small. Therefore, I would like to to move it to a new and much larger location. Since it was planted last year, there is a new shot which about ten feet which is not fully developed.
When would be the good time for me to move the entire a plan? (I live in San Diego, zone 10). The plant consists of two short, mature culms and one new, about 10-foot not fully developed culm.

Thanks,

Kiet

Thanks for your recommendation

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: When to relocate Lako?

• Posted by unautre 8B San Antonio TX (My Page) on
    Fri, Sep 1, 06 at 8:56

If you can get all of the fairly small root ball, now would be a good time before that severe SD winter arrives. :)

o

Unautre,
Isn't it a bad time to relocate the boo when it is shooting? My Lako have been put up a shoot this time of year.
Just a thought.
Dzguy.

o

• Posted by unautre 8B San Antonio TX (My Page) on
    Wed, Sep 13, 06 at 7:31

yes, best when it's not shooting, which for my B. tuldoides is Dec/July, since it shoots continuously from July - November.

In very mild SD, I bet my B.t. would should nearly all year round.

o

HI Kie^.t,
You might want to wait until the coldest time of year to transplant it. It's good that you are in San Diego with a mild climate. Your new shoot this year will not be affect. By the way, any of your older culm has the shiny jet black color? Mine is smaller than yours and in the 15 gal plastic tub. It's color is more of a dark chocolate, not jet black as shown in some of the pictures on the web. Currently it is putting up a 1" dia. shoot, about 1 feet high. Not sure How it would handle the 30 degree cold in December.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bamboo Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here