Return to the Bamboo Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Robert Young Sept Shooting

Posted by iain42 7b (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 16, 12 at 15:29

I noticed last week that my Robert Young was shooting and today I noticed even more shoots. These don't appear to be just whip shoots. Does Robert Young shoot twice a year?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Robert Young Sept Shooting

Mine put up shoots a couple of weeks ago. Every time we got rain after a dry spell, several of my runners put up shoots.

It's not unusual for this area for runners to shoot all Summer long although the shoots are usually smaller toward the seasons end, but some people insist theirs only shoot once a year.

Kt

o

Yeah we have had a hell of a drought. I have kept them watered but it isn't the same as rainfall. Lately we have had many storms. I'm glad to see any new growth.

o

I noticed that only my young bamboos put up new shoots, my older stands (p. nigra henon and I think yellow groove) didn't put new shoots up. We had a very dry spring and some of the new shoots withered and aborted, but no new ones shot up. All my newbies (from 2011) had new shoots, p. vivax, p. angusta, even my transplants of yellow groove from last year.

o

This morning I noticed two new shoots on my Robert Young, but the new shoots are only about one inch in diameter.

Kt

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bamboo Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here