o
Looking to get a few more ID's.

Posted by gardener1 6 (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 23, 12 at 23:44

This one I believe is Hibanobambusa Tranquillens Shiroshima. Thank You

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Looking to get a few more ID's.

Based on the striations and their color, that would be my guess, too.

o

It really is beautiful how they look almost like they are painted on there. Thank You. Everyone tells me they dont think its hibanobambusa tranquillins shiroshima because its not that common but mine originally came from the Cincinnati Zoo and was grown by the former botanist who worked there. It's one of my favorites and when I started growing bamboo all I wanted was the giants. But I have come to really love the small bamboos and I must have every bamboo that will grow here. Thanks again Kudzu9.

o

where are you located gardener1? and when does the cincinnati zoo sell any plants? I remember watching the news one year when we had a bad winter and they said most of the plants there were worth more than the animals. theres a few things I've seen walking around that I'd like to take home but I don't want a life time zoo ban LOL

o

Located in Alexandria Ky. Send me your email or number and lets talk. jeff.gabelman@yahoo.com

o

gardener1-
A suggestion: It would be safer for you to go to your Member Page here on GardenWeb and check the box that allows other members to email you through the anonymity of GardenWeb, rather than putting your email address in a public forum where it may attract lots of spam. Just a thought...

o

Thank You Kudzu9 but can I delete the post or part of it? Thanks again I will do that now.

o

Gardener1-
There is no way in this forum to edit posts...much to my regret on several occasions. However, if you go to the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the page, you could ask the webmaster to delete it for you.

o

Ok Thank You Sir.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bamboo Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here