Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mersiepoo

my mind experiment with bamboo

mersiepoo
11 years ago

After reading the fascinating book "The secret life of plants" I now feel guilty whenever I prune, cut or otherwise slice any plant! Anyway, I read that plants can 'read' your mind and try to 'grow to please you'. For me, it really works! I've gotten my jasmine to flower huge flowers for me, and have coaxed my gardenia to start blooming for me. I also got my 'petit nigra' to make very large figs. I also got my Dawn Redwood tree to produce a single cone for me (it appeared at the location where I was 'thinking' to it and looking at the branch. My pineapple plant is actually producing a mini pineapple for me this year as well! So, my thinking is, can I coax my yellow groove to produce larger size culms than it would normally? We shall find out! I didn't want to pressure it so I told it in a few years I would love it if it would produce 3 or 4" diameter culms, so I will see what happens. I'm going to make sure to talk to it anytime I go past it and keep 'reminding' it and visualize the size culms I want it to produce. I'll let you know what (if anything) happens next spring.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County