Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
octopuswithafez

Moving a Borinda Boliana

octopuswithafez
15 years ago

Hello,

My wife and I planted three plants (5 # ) last June and now it looks I spaced them too closely. When is the best time of year to move one of them to another part of the yard? Shoots have going up like crazy in the past two weeks...

Comments (4)

• octopuswithafez
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I should mention that we are in Seattle-area

• kudzu9
    15 years ago

I'm in the Greater Seattle area, too. I have a couple of different Borindas and they tend to shoot in fall, like yours; and that's the worst time to mess with them. I'd wait until at least March to move any of them. They're going to be slowing down in the next few months and there won't be much happening over winter, so wait until spring. [P.S.: Borinda boliana has been renamed and is now known as Yushania boliana.]

• gardenerjen
    15 years ago

I live in POrtland, OR and am wanting to plant Bamboo as a privacy fence in a large corner of my back yard. Can i plant it now...what kind would be best. Any helpful advice accepted gratefully. Suggestion as to the best and faster growing gvariety would be wonderful too. Not sure how to use this site either so my apologies if i am not in the right place to ask this.

• kudzu9
    15 years ago

You're in the right Forum...but it's not a good idea to "hijack" a thread on a particular topic when you have an unrelated question. Please login, go to the top of the Bamboo Forum page, click on "Post a Message," and start a new thread with your own title. Then you will stand a better chance of having your own question answered, and you won't annoy others...