Return to the Bamboo Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Free Buddhas belly in northern NJ

Posted by tomwright 10 (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 1, 12 at 20:12

Hey all,

A few years ago I bought a bunch of bamboo for growing in pots.

One is a Buddha's Belly that I can not treat properly. It is growing, and actually doing fairly well, but it is sensitive and really needs to be indoors all the time. I bring it in for winter, but left it out too long last year, so it got frozen. It has spent this year recovering.

It really needs someone with tall ceilings or a greenhouse where temps do not go below 40f. Below that it starts to fade and die back.

Right now it is in a large ceramic pot. It is about 6-7 feet tall, plus the height of the pot. I trim my bamboo each fall when I bring them in.

The plant is free, I'll sell the pot if you want it, but I have a use for it.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Free Buddhas belly in northern NJ

bump...

o

Hi, thanks for the bump. It is still available, but with the weather coming up in Bergen County I do not know how long it will last. I cannot bring it in this year.

o

Well, it made it through the hurricane. I do not know how low it can go, the next few nights will be very borderline for it.

I am also going to give away two other bamboos, I just do not have the room. I will post separate messages for those

o

Which buddha belly bamboo do you have?

Kt

o

Hi,
I am interested. I saw your message before the storm but just had time now to respond. I live in Union County. My email is spiros123@netzero.net
-Spiros

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bamboo Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here