Return to the Bamboo Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
help with basic bamboo info

Posted by gardenkat tropical (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 29, 09 at 9:49

I moved to this property three years ago and there are two kinds of bamboo growing here. One kind is green and fairly small in diameter, although it grows really tall. The other is yellow-gold and very large around. Right now it is about 40 ft high and still growing higher. Both kinds spread like crazy and grow extremely fast, I'm constantly cutting down the new shoots so it doesn't take over. And that's all I know about bamboo. Can anyone recommend a good site with photos and some basic information so I can identify and learn about the bamboo I have?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: help with basic bamboo info

• Posted by kudzu9 Zone 8b, WA (My Page) on
    Sun, Nov 29, 09 at 14:51

For basic information, try the American Bamboo Society web site: ABS

There are several hundred types of bamboo grown in the U.S., and many of them look similar, so it may be hard for you to identify exactly what you have, but the link below is the best source for photos.

Here is a link that might be useful: Bambooweb.info

o
RE: help with basic bamboo info

Here's another site that may help some....

Here is a link that might be useful: Bamboo Helper

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bamboo Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here