Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kitha1215

Is this a Bamboo plant???

kitha1215
15 years ago

This is a plant that my aunt got from someone she works with, who doesn't know what it is. I have the green thumb in the family but honestly have never seen(that I can remember) a plant like this. I don't know what it is...my guess was a Bamboo plant (idk). Anyway, I would like some confirmation on what type of plant this actually is. Also, as you can see, I peeled back some of the dry scales that were on it...are the scales normal? It seems to have been planted in this sandy-pebble mixture. There were some yellowish-brown leaves on it-was this due to being over or under watered? As of now I have it recuperating under a flourescent light in the kitchen. I'm not gonna do anything to it until you, the community, lets me know how I should go about reviving the plant. Thanx in advance! Below are a few images of the aforementioned "mystery plant":

{{gwi:426701}}{{gwi:426702}}

{{gwi:426703}}

{{gwi:426704}}

Comments (2)

• kentuck_8b
    15 years ago

No. It's common name is 'Lucky Bamboo' but it is a Dracaena, D. sanderiana to be exact.

Kt

• kudzu9
    15 years ago

There is a Lucky Bamboo forum here on GardenWeb, so you might want to post there with your questions.

Sponsored
J.E.S. Home Improvement
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
Loudoun County's Full-Scale Construction Firm