Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mike_marietta_sc_z8a

Bamboo jungle to be put on the market

Upcoming will be your once in a lifetime chance to purchase a 1 acre property with a subtropical paradise planted on it (established 1988), including several mature moso and other bamboo groves (many exceeding ABS heights), 25+ ft high trachycarpus, massive needle palms, Sabal minor, Musa basjoos, citrus, yuccas, and many other well established botanical delights. Trachycarpus, minor, camellias, Dryopteris erythrosora, and others are self-seeding on the property. There are 3 ponds and a greenhouse on the property. The house is a 2100 sq ft, 2 to 3 bedroom mountain cabin.

Its located near the NC state line near Jones Gap State Park (Marietta, SC area) in a zone 8a microclimate where summer temps rarely exceed 90F and receives more than its share of precipitation (stays green even when this region is in severe drought). This is a vacation area near the Cherokee Scenic Highway. Trails behind the house link up with the Jones Gap/Table Rock State Park trail network. Its within commuting distance of the Greenville, SC, Hendersonville, NC, and Asheville, NC area.

The reason I will be selling is my job up in the Asheville area has ended and I will be moving permanently to my house in the Greenwood, SC area where my wife has her job.

If you have ever looked at your recently planted subtropical garden wished you could see and be living there 20 years down the road when they had grown up into mature plantings or wanted to experiment with growing gunnera, zone 8 Himalayan rhododendrons, or other heat or cold sensitive plants considered difficult to grow on the East Coast, this is your chance. I would prefer to sell to someone who would appreciate and maintain the plantings rather than someone who would eradicate them to plant Bradfords and a lawn.

Asking price to be determined, but will be less than $100,000. I won't be selling immediately, just sometime within the next year. If interested, email me at: mkturner7@aol.com

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Michael Nash Design, Build & Homes
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars254 Reviews
Northern Virginia Design Build Firm | 18x Best of Houzz