Return to the Bamboo Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hi, Y'all

Posted by oxankle 6/7 (oxankle@windstream.net) on
Sun, Dec 13, 09 at 17:10

Hi:

Ordinarily I am over at the fig forum, but I have been trying to get back into the groove and need some help. My garden is put away for the winter, I've planted my new fruit trees, my figs are tucked away and now I want to re-establish the bamboo I had to take out a few years back.

I got three nice clumps of roots from a friend, set one in the corner of my garden and two in the woods down by my creek. Unfortunately I knew too little about bamboo and lost them.

Now I want to try again. If anyone has some root cuttings of Decora, Rubromarginata, Dulcis or phyllostachys nigra Henon I would like to acquire enough for a start. I will pay, or I will trade either fig cuttings or rooted plants, or I can trade rooted suckers from my Jujube.
Thanks,
Oxankle@Windstream.net

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hi, Y'all

• Posted by kudzu9 Zone 8b, WA (My Page) on
    Tue, Dec 15, 09 at 0:16

Oxankle, you'll probably have better luck growing bamboo if you get people to trade you complete bamboo plants, rather than just the rhizomes. Growing bamboo from rhizome usually results in a success rate of 0-50% depending on species, and it takes years before you have a decent size plant.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bamboo Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here