Return to the Banana Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Brazilian Banana Plants

Posted by Kentuck_8b z8b TX (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 13, 04 at 22:14

This grove freezes to the ground each Winter, as does my other six varieties of bananas. The tip of the tallest leaf is twenty feet tall. That is a basketball in front of the plants.

Kt

Image link: Brazilian Banana Plants (59 k)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Brazilian Banana Plants

Great looking Plants! Has it ever fruited? Im thinking about trying this variety here at home in Oregon.

o
RE: Brazilian Banana Plants

It fruited only once, a couple of years ago. The bananas never made it to maturity due to a cold spell that froze them before they ripened. I was hoping for some bananas this year but none yet. Maybe next year.

The year that it fruited, the plants reached over 25 feet tall. These are really fast growers here, especially with extra waterings, and some fertilizer.

Good Luck

Kt

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Banana Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here