Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
scubakathy84_gw

Trying to Identify This Banana

scubakathy84
12 years ago

I am trying to identify a type of banana I had while I was on vacation. It was the most delicious tasting piece of fruit I have ever had, tasted way better than the bananas we get here in the US.

Anyway, my husband and I bought these bananas from a fairly large grocery store on the island of Roatan (Roatan is part of Honduras, the island lies just off the coast of Honduras). I would imagine the banana was either grown locally on the island or shipped in from Honduras. These bananas were shorter and slightly fatter than the bananas in the US. They were yellow, and had really no curvature to the banana (ie they were basically straight). And they were SWEET! Most deliciously sweet heavenly banana goodness. I never liked bananas before, the ones you can buy in the stores in the US don't really taste like much to me.

Can anyone help ID'ing these? I'd love to know what kind of bananas those were so I can see if I can buy them from like a specialy store or something. I know Honduras probably grows many different types of banana so I may not get an exact ID, but I'd be happy with a similar variety that tastes just as delicious.