Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nyssaman

All my bananas are dying

nyssaman
15 years ago

I'm sad because all my Bananas seem to be dying - they were a little too wet when I brought them inside because I had to repot some of the pups. I sprayed them down with an anti fungal. most all turned black with mold (too cold and damp I guess). I lost my red Absyn.. about 2 months ago.. My basjoo was reaching near 6 feet - I had to cut it back to a foot and a half- it seems to be okay If I can get it through to spring. My Siam ruby is in intensive care..lol. My Cavendish is trucking along. I'm pretty sure I lost one zebrina the other might be okay. I have moved them up into my bedroom..LMAO - does not make for a happy marriage - it is about 70 there right in the window with some supplimental light. My Musella lasiocarpa ( still in the basement) is strong also - I strongly recommend for northern growers.I'm thinking these bananas should be put in a tray of water - rather than water over the corm (rot) - I'm wondering what the experts think - and what about a winter fertilizing routine just to give them some strength to pull them back from the brink.Also what about about a typical watering schedule? - I do have a moisture meter. Any help would be appreciated.

cheers

Comments (2)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio