Return to the Banana Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
pix of other variegated Musa

Posted by miamimax z 10-11 FL (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 22, 07 at 6:13

Here are a few other variegated musa photos for those of you who enjoy the unusual and variegated sports. The first is a variegated Ensete maurelli sprouted from seed.

Here is a link that might be useful: Ensete Maurelli albo variegata

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: pix of other variegated Musa

This one is Musa Dwarf Cavendish aurea variegata.

Here is a link that might be useful: Musa Dwarf Cavendish aurea variegata

o
RE: Variegated Musa

Although this is variegated, (bright chartreuse/yellow on scarlet red leaves), Im not sure if it is a 'sport' or not, although I believe it is. 10 yrs ago I was sent a photo of 2 suckers and at that time they were identified as sports of Musa Tapo. It wasnt until a yr or so ago that once again I saw photos and the 'buzz' started up about the nomenclature, which now no one seems to be able to confirm anything. The few growers cultivating it have tacked on their silly labels to further confuse proper ID. Still, its a lovely plant and very unusual. I understand its in TC now, it may not be touted as the most expensive banana for too much longer! (Cost was $2000. a few yrs ago-10 yrs ago it was selling for $250?!?) I remain labeling it as Musa Tapo cv."Thai Ngu" until I find out different from a reputable horticulturist.

Here is a link that might be useful: Musa Tapo cv. 'Thai Ngu'

o
RE: Correction on Tapo cv. ID

Made a mistake with my Thai (brain fart..) It is Musa Tapo cv.'Thai Png'- NOT 'Ngu'

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Banana Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here