Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rokal_gw

Online Source for Musa Ornata Pup

rokal
17 years ago

Does anyone know of an online source to purchase a musa ornata plant? I tried germinating seeds last year but none of them sprouted.

Thx,

Rokal

Comments (4)

• bob6012
    17 years ago

Rokal,
    I found the following Musa Ornata's yesterday at Stokes Tropical Plants in Jenerette, Louisiana. I went there to see their 20,000 sq ft greenhouse. Amazing.
    They have Ornata African Red, Ornata Bronze and Ornata Royal Pink. All are $18.95 each not including shipping.
    I bought a 4 foot African Rhino horn with 5 pups,4 foot Sumatrana Roho with 6 pups, 4 foot Blue Java and one Double Mahoi. All for 18.95 each. Plus they have 6 Ae-Ae's. Very expensive $$$$$$$$$$$
    Thought I'd let you know. Stokestropicals.com

• rokal
    Original Author
    17 years ago

bob6012,

Thanks for the information. I didn't see Musa Ornata offered on the Stokestropicals.com website. I contacted them to see if they would take a phone order.

Enjoy your new naners!

Rokal

• gatrops
    17 years ago

You can also get them from Going Bananas in Homestead, FL. They are very easy to deal with and send out good quality plants.

Here is a link that might be useful: Here's their website .....

• rokal
    Original Author
    17 years ago

bob6012,

I heard back from Stokes and they said that they don't have Musa Ornata's at this time. I guess they have a disconnect between there online store and physical location. I mentioned that you saw some at their physical location.

gatrops, Thanks for the tip about going-bananas.com

Regards,

Rokal