Return to the Banana Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Online Source for Musa Ornata Pup

Posted by rokal LongIsland/z6b (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 13, 07 at 15:38

Does anyone know of an online source to purchase a musa ornata plant? I tried germinating seeds last year but none of them sprouted.

Thx,

Rokal

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Online Source for Musa Ornata Pup

Rokal,
I found the following Musa Ornata's yesterday at Stokes Tropical Plants in Jenerette, Louisiana. I went there to see their 20,000 sq ft greenhouse. Amazing.
They have Ornata African Red, Ornata Bronze and Ornata Royal Pink. All are $18.95 each not including shipping.
I bought a 4 foot African Rhino horn with 5 pups,4 foot Sumatrana Roho with 6 pups, 4 foot Blue Java and one Double Mahoi. All for 18.95 each. Plus they have 6 Ae-Ae's. Very expensive $$$$$$$$$$$
Thought I'd let you know. Stokestropicals.com

o

• Posted by rokal LongIsland/z6b (My Page) on
    Wed, Mar 14, 07 at 22:12

bob6012,

Thanks for the information. I didn't see Musa Ornata offered on the Stokestropicals.com website. I contacted them to see if they would take a phone order.

Enjoy your new naners!

Rokal

o

You can also get them from Going Bananas in Homestead, FL. They are very easy to deal with and send out good quality plants.

Here is a link that might be useful: Here's their website .....

o

• Posted by rokal LongIsland/z6b (My Page) on
    Sat, Mar 17, 07 at 17:30

bob6012,

I heard back from Stokes and they said that they don't have Musa Ornata's at this time. I guess they have a disconnect between there online store and physical location. I mentioned that you saw some at their physical location.

gatrops, Thanks for the tip about going-bananas.com

Regards,

Rokal

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Banana Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here